Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day

I love the 4th of July. I love everything it stands for. I love the food. I love the colors. I love being with family. It just makes my heart happy. The only thing missing was Daddy. He has to work today so he is back in Virginia. =( I can't wait until we can finally spend some holidays together.

Anyways, last year we started the tradition of going to the Audubon parade. It is where my mom grew up and I love it. I wish we could move there. The parade is so cute and about 45 minutes long. Perfect!

We met up with my dad's side of the family and enjoyed the parade together.  Mady was such a good girl. I can't believe how big she is and how much she can participate in things now. She loved all of it. Wasn't scared of the fire trucks. Ran to get the candy. Waved her flag. Clapped and danced to the music.

I loved just watching her. Wondering what is going on in her little mind. I love holidays with her. They are always so much more magical with kids.

Anyways....here are some pictures from our morning.

Waiting for the parade to start

Getting some candy

Mady and Nana

Being Patriotic

Mady and Mommy

Excited!
It was such a fun morning. This afternoon is just a long key BBQ and Matt's mom is coming over. More pictures to come I'm sure.

Happy 4th of July!

Thank you to all the men and women who continue to fight for our freedom everyday. They sacrifice so much. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...if you wish! =)