Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Finally! and an update

Blogger finally is letting me upload pictures. Stupid blogger.

Anyways... It has been a busy past few weeks around here and I am ready for it all to slow down. I am also ready for December 23rd....because...we are heading to Jersey for the holidays!!!!!! Mady and I will be staying the week with my mom and dad while hubby has to head home the day after Christmas. But I am thankful he even has Christmas off because for the longest time they told him "no" when he put in his annual leave. There may have been some tears shed over that one but it all worked out in the end!

I feel like a total "blah" this Christmas season. Usually I am all about making crafts, baking, seeing lights, shopping, wrapping, all the good stuff but this year....eh. Most likely has to do with the fact that I am still not feeling the best but definitely better than I had been. Thank you Jesus! My nausea is pretty good all day until about 5:30. Like.on.the.dot. Everyday. Poor hubby...dinner around here has been sparse. I am currently 10 weeks and I think 5 days...but I'm not sure. Poor second baby.

Let's see....We had Matt's unit Christmas Party on Sunday. Mady was the only kiddo there and stole the spotlight as usual. We were there, at Texas Roadhouse, for about 2 hours before the meltdowns started and we had to leave a little early. That is pretty good for her. She was pretty well behaved.




This kept her busy for a little while. She transferred peanuts from one bucket to the other. A few of them may have been licked....just sayin'

What else...

We have watched some Christmas movies, Elf, in particular because my child is slightly obsessed. Like she may know what part is coming next. The other day we were playing with her kitchen which is out of sight of the TV, Elf was on in the background, and she heard the school bell ding and she turns to me and says, "Boys momma, throw snow" and sure enough they have a snow ball fight after school in the movie. 


We also have been baking some cookies. Mady loves, loves, loves to bake. She talks about it all the time and I truly love having her help me even if that means more of a mess. We made cut-out sugar cookies the other night and even Daddy helped. It was such a fun time...again...even if my child licked half of the cookie dough cut outs. 


We finally had Mady's 2 year old well visit. I know only a month late. She is doing awesome! The doctor was super impressed with her. Makes my momma heart smile. She weighs 25 lbs and is 33 inches long. She is a peanut but the cutest one out there. Funny Mady story. They had to take her in the hall way to weigh and measure her. When they were finished, she ran back into the room and yelled "DONE!" It was so funny. She makes herself at home most places we go.

I still have to finish my Christmas shopping which I am hoping to finish this weekend with the hubby's help. Mady is all bought for and wrapped. The kitchen we got her was both a birthday and Christmas gift so she has just some small presents but more than enough. I am excited to see her and how she reacts on Christmas morning. I know she is going to love it! 

It's a rainy and chilly day here and I love it! Mady and I are still in our jammies and currently enjoying Beauty and the Beast. Time to go enjoy the movie with her. 

Happy Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...if you wish! =)