Monday, December 31, 2012

It's been a while....

So yeah it has been a few weeks since I last posted. Things were busy with Christmas approaching, traveling to NJ, celebrating Christmas and all the festivities with family, finally feeling better pregnancy wise, and a stupid cold that has lingered for a week now.

So, I'll do my best to recap the past few weeks for you. It may be a long one...with lots of pictures. =)

So on December 22, Mady woke up to an early Santa visit since we were leaving for New Jersey the following morning. She was so excited! I loved her reaction. She walked into the living room and exclaimed, "YES! Santa presents!" So we had a busy morning opening and playing with every present Santa brought her. 

 Christmas Tree

 One happy girl with her light up Minnie high heels.

Shaking the present

The following morning we packed up and headed to NJ. Nice 5 1/2 hour ride. We were all excited and anxious to get there. We spent the day just hanging out, going for walks, and enjoying each others company. I love and cherish those days. It makes me so happy to see how much Mady enjoys my parents. 

Getting ready to go on a walk with Nana. Love this pictures of her!

The next day was Christmas Eve. I woke up not feeling the best but I chalked it up to dry heat and a bad night sleep. It was time to go get rolls with my dad! My mom hosts Christmas Eve and usually has meatball sandwiches and lunch meat so rolls are a must. It has become a tradition for us. The roll place we go to used to be packed, and so busy you would literally have to fight to get some rolls and stand in a forever long line to check out. We loved it! The past few years it hasn't been so busy but we still enjoy going together. We haven't missed a year yet!

Me and my Daddy!

The rest of the day we just relaxed, played, and got ready for my family to come over that night. We had delicious food and great company. I still wasn't feeling well and I think fell asleep on the couch around 8:30, watching none other than A Christmas Story. Family tradition.

 Helping Nana get ready....or really just being sneaky...

 Mady and Uncle T!

 It snowed on Christmas Eve!!! I was so beyond excited. It didn't last long but it was so magical to me.

 Mady was in awe of the snow. So beyond precious.

 Christmas Eve with my family.
Mady and Daddy in the snow. =)

Christmas Morning was early. Haha. Mady doesn't sleep the best when we are other places so she was up bright and early. I think we started opening presents at 6:10ish. Haha. I know my brothers loved that. Mady loved opening the presents but then she wanted to play with everything she opened. So, she took a little break to play some play dough while we opened some of our presents.


Mady finally finished opening her presents and everyone was spoiled. I think my mom had the best Christmas though. She got a new iPod from my brother and the Kindle Fire from my dad! She was so excited! 

 Very excited!

Shocked!

We played the rest of the morning with Mady and all her toys. Took a nap, got ready, and then headed to Matt's parents house for Christmas number 2 and some dinner. Same deal again. Opening presents, spending time with family, and yummy food. 

 Pretty Girl

 Opening some presents

 Helping Pop with his present

 Mady and her new friend, Mr. Gorilla. Thanks to Uncle Jake and Aunt April. 

 Love this picture...and hello baby bump!!

Kisses!!

Overall, it was a great Christmas. We had a wonderful time spent with people we love. We did miss Matt's two sister who were in FL. Aunt Megs and Aunt Melissa!!! We love you!

Hubby had to head home on Wednesday for work and Mady and I stayed behind for the week. I am so beyond thankful that we stayed, not only to hang out with family but because I got a horrible cold and being pregnant we cannot take any medicine besides Tylenol. Ugh. My momma was a rockstar, like usual. She took care of Mady and myself. I really couldn't have done it without her because I was down and out. So thankful for her and her selflessness. 

We had a fun week though shopping, playing, and eating my mom's wonderful cooking. We were sad to leave but excited to come home and see daddy! We missed him so much. 

As always, such a wonderful week with wonderful people.

And.

I can't believe next Christmas we will have two kiddos to spoil and love on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...if you wish! =)