Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mom to the Rescue!

We are still on the mend around here. I now have this horrible cough that sounds like I have smoked for 20 years and so much mucus that I am still getting sick from time to time and not eating too much. Mady now has a cough that I am not to fond of and her nose is a constant faucet. Ugh!! This sickness needs to leave...NOW!

My mom decided to come down on Thursday afternoon to help me out. Hubby had called in sick 2 days in a row and he needed to get back to work. I was in no shape to do everything that needs to be done with Mady. Plus, she was pretty worried when we went to the hospital on Wednesday night so she left the next day to come here. I cannot tell you how excited I was to have my mom here and what a truly amazing help she was. She cooked dinner, played/took care of Mady, went shopping, ran errands, cleaned, and so much more. I felt bad we could not do too much since I was still pretty sick. I overdid it on Friday when she was here so that left me housebound on Saturday.

Matt and I had our doctors appointment on Friday. I was anxious to hear the precious babes heartbeat and know that everything was ok. I still haven't gained any weight and instead lost another pound. I asked her about my weight and she was not too concerned especially being that I have been sick and my lack of appetite. She told me what cough medicine I could take and then we listened to the heartbeat. Perfect. In the 150's and she could tell that he/she was moving around. I felt such relief. It was a quick appointment. We go back for the anatomy/gender scan on Feb 15th. I'll be exactly 20 weeks. I wish we didn't have to wait so long but we really can't afford to put out extra money to find out early and that's ok. We will find out soon enough!

It has been such a nice time with my mom here. Just hanging out and enjoying each others company. I am so thankful that she is my mom. I cannot put into words how wonderful she is! I, of course, cried big crocodile tears when she left. I just did not want her to leave and I'm not sure when we will see them again. Everyone has such busy schedules in the next few months but I am praying Mady and I can at least make it up there sooner rather than later. Living away from family is probably one of the hardest things I have gone through. I am praying that we can permanently move back up there soon!!!

Today is another day of rest for us. I cannot wait to feel 100 percent! Lots of cuddles, rest, water, and movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...if you wish! =)