Thursday, January 17, 2013

Where do I even beginning....

Honestly, I have no idea where to even beginning with all the craziness going on right now. Basically, my poor family, including my pregnant self, has come down with the flu badly. It all started with the hubby. He was sick Sunday, Monday, and part of the day Tuesday. He never really spiked a fever, but had a horrible cough and congestion so I am not 100 % sure he really had the flu. So, I spent those days taking care of him and trying to keep the germs away as much as possible. No such luck.

Tuesday I woke up not feeling the best. I had a small cough but nothing really to write home about. However, I have been sick off and on since Christmas so I was so over all this sickness. Well, when Mady went down for a nap so did I. I woke up feeling like a truck ran me over. I felt awful. Matt decided that we were going to go to Urgent Care since I had been sick for a while and I am almost 16 weeks pregnant. We dropped Mady off at our Savior's house, Franki and Jason while we drove there. I had a slight fever of 100 so they decided to test me for the flu. Guess what?! Positive for Strand B. Awesome. However, the doctor who saw me almost had me in tears and scolding me for not getting the flu shot. Seriously, I walked out of the door to call my mom to let her know and I just burst into tears. He was horrible. I already feel horrible as it is and he just kept going on and on about how I should have gotten the flu shot and that there was nothing they could do for me but try to keep my fever down and take Tylenol every 6 hours to help with that.

By the time we got home, I felt awful! Matt called out of work and he spent the night taking care both of us. I think I slept a total of 3 hours that night and just could not get comfortable or get my fever down. I just wanted to cry. I don't think I have ever been so sick. Haha...that was nothing compared to yesterday.

So, yesterday I notice Mady is sneezing and coughing and feels warm. Again...awesome. But, she was acting completely normal, running around and being crazy. I decided to check her temp. 102. Ugh! So Matt ended up taking her to the doctors that morning and you guessed it positive for Strand A of the Flu! Oh my goodness. Once, she got home, you could tell she was down and out. She fell asleep in my arms and we transferred her to her to bed. She woke up and looked horrible. Plus, she was not letting me give her any meds. We tried to get her to eat a little something but mainly drink. Well, she did that and then 2 seconds later, throw up, everywhere! She is crying hysterically and saying "OH no my juice!" Haha. Oh Madelyn. I love you. I wanted to give her a bath but she was not having it so we just rocked for awhile until she calmed down. Well, by now, I am feeling horrible again and my temp is creeping up to 102 which I know is dangerous for the baby. I attempt to take a bath to cool me down but nothing is working. Then, I start throwing up everything I had eaten that day. Meanwhile, the maintenance man is knocking on our door because our bathtub water is leaking into the apartment below us. Um, not a really good time right now. I am throwing up and Mady is in the bath. Ugh. So, poor Matt is running around like a mad man. Finally, the maintenance guy leaves and I just never have felt so horrible and nothing was bringing my temperature down and I could not stop throwing up even when there was nothing left to throw up so we make the decision to go to the ER.

I wanted to go to the ER where I know my OBGYN doctors are just in case so that is over a half hour away and we have to bring Mady because she tested positive for the flu and we didn't want anyone to catch it from her. Well, we get there and O.M.G it is packed! I made the decision to send Matt home with Mady until it was her bed time then Jason was coming over to watch her or really make sure she was ok when she was sleeping. So, Matt gets back and I had been waiting for about an hour and half. During this time, they took me back to get my temp, pulse, and blood pressure. The nurse said that my pulse was really high and that I was mostly likely dehydrated which I wasn't surprised at then they sent me back to the waiting room. While we were waiting, Matt gets a call from work saying he has to go to some mandatory training at 0400 and he needs to get course work before he can complete the training. He tried to explain that he was at the hospital with his sick wife and basically was told "It is your call if you come or not but I highly suggest coming" so now we have to make the decision if we stay or go because I would have no one to come get me from the hospital if I stay especially if I am discharged in the middle of the night. By now, it has been 3 hours since we got there and I was in tears. I felt horrible. I went up to the reception lady and wanted to know why everyone who came in after me was already being seen and most had left. I was kind of rude, and if you know me, I hardly ever get like that. But I was so pissed. I am 15 weeks pregnant with the flu and dehydrated...would you not think that takes some kind of precedence. So, we left. I cried the whole way home.

Finally, we got home and I took my temperature and thankfully it was 100.7 so I felt better because I was scared it was going to be really high. I took 2 Tylenol and headed to bed. Thankfully, I slept somewhat decent last night. Poor hubby had to get up at 2:30 am after getting maybe 3 hours of sleep and after the day he had running around. I know he was so upset with work making him choose over keeping his job and the healthy of his wife and baby. But I was the one who decided to leave because he would have stayed. He was really upset that something was going to happen to the baby because we decided to leave. Poor guy. I felt so bad. Thankfully I have a doctors appt tomorrow and I am super anxious to hear the baby's heart beat and know that everything is ok. Also, my fever broke this morning so I am so thankful for that. I woke up so sweaty and knew that the fever was gone.

My mom is headed here today and I cannot tell you how thankful I am that she is coming. Matt is at work right now and all I want to do is go back to bed but that is kind of hard to do with a crazy Mady girl running around. So we could use your prayers. For our health and for the baby. I am praying that he or she is totally fine and we will have good news to report tomorrow.

It has been a whirlwind past few days...ready for this sickness to leave and never come back!


  1. Oh man, praying you feel better and that baby is doing great!

  2. Oh no! That sounds horrible! ! I'm sorry y'all are sick. Hope everyone I'd feeling better. Ill say an extra prayer for y'all


Leave some love...if you wish! =)