Wednesday, November 14, 2012

busy weekend

This past weekend we headed up to New Jersey to celebrate Mady's birthday with our families. We drove up on Saturday morning. Nice and early at 6 am since Mady likes to get up before the sun. I was glad we left so early though so we were able to spend most of the day there. She was so excited to see my parents and brothers. You can tell she truly loves them. 

My mom and dad took her to birthday party for my cousins while Matt and I went through our Christmas decorations that are stored at my parents. We don't have a lot of room in our car so we had to take a minimal amount but that's ok. It's just for one year...

The rest of the day Mom and I spent making all the desserts for the party the following day. We decided to do just desserts so we made apple cider donut holes, mini apple and pumpkin pies, cupcakes, pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting and apples/pears with caramel dip. Yeah...we like to go all out. Then we wonder why in the world did we say we were going to make everything?! Honestly because we would not have it any other way. It is the way I grew up having birthday parties. It's the best!

Later we headed to the mall to visit my brother and walk around. Matt and my dad were on goob duty and watching college football. I miss those times with my mom so much. I treasure them so much more now. It was a great but tiring day. Needless to say I was in bed by 9.

Sunday was party day! We spent the morning getting the rest of the food ready and setting everything up. I didn't have any decorations because honestly I had no time or energy and Mady had no idea.

 Dessert Table

 Mady girl enjoying her ice cream and cream!

 Opening presents. She got a George!

 She was funny with opening presents because she was into it but not too much. I think she just wanted to play with everything she got. 

 Princess story book!

 So serious...

 Finally, I let her "paint" as she says. She was excited!

 Mady and her Nana. Something was on my camera lens making the pictures look blurry or foggy. ugh

 Pop Pop, Nana, and Mady. I love the way she is looking at my dad. =)

Not my favorite pictures of me...at all but it is a cute family picture

It was such a fun day and she was spoiled with the awesome presents she got. Thank you to everyone who made it such a special day for our special little girl.

Monday and Tuesday were more of the same. Hanging out. Playing. Going for walks. The usual.

Except Mady dropped my camera on Monday while we were visiting my in laws and broke the lens so therefore I have no camera! Worst timing ever. 

But...

My birthday is in 2 weeks so ya never know

....hint, hint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...if you wish! =)