Friday, November 23, 2012

Gobble til you Wobble

This years Thanksgiving was very different from previous years. It was the first time it was not spent with family but instead friends. I did miss my family a lot yesterday but I was thankful we had such a great day with fun people.

It was a low key Thanksgiving and I was truly thankful for that. With the way I have been feeling lately and my lack of clothes that currently fit, I was grateful for some leggings, sneakers, and a zip up sweat shirt. We all brought a few side dishes and/or a dessert and lovely Linda made the turkey. It was delicious! I was actually hungry and able to eat some of the deliciousness food so I was thankful for that.

Of course, I have no pictures of this thanksgiving because some little girl, who's name I will not mention, broke my camera a few weeks ago and we have not replaced it yet. Ugh! Anyways...we had a buffet style and all sat around to eat while the kids ran around like crazy people...oh wait that was just my child. 

After dinner, the guys went into the other room to watch football and the girls sat at the dinner table and talked for the next 2 hours while the little ones played and went outside. 

Mady was somewhat of a terror. She gets so excited to play with toys she doesn't have and to play with Linda's kids that she would not eat or listen to really anything Matt or I told her to do. By 4:30, I had had enough and we packed up and headed home all the while Mady is crying because she is so sad to leave. She finally crashed in the car. Praise Jesus! 

When we got home, I was beyond ready to put her to bed. She was so cranky! She made it until 6:30 until Matt and I both had enough of the constant whining and crying for no reason. Matt and I watched some football before I fell asleep on the couch at 7:30 and the hubby was getting ready to go to work because he is awesome like that. 

I was in bed by 8:20. Exciting night I tell ya! I tried so hard to, at least, stay awake until 9 so I was not up at 5 but no such luck last night. My body was exhausted and I was so nauseous, I figured sleep was the only way to help with that. 

This is the first year also Matt and I did not head out Black Friday shopping and with the way I am feeling right now, that is fine and dandy with me. I did some shopping online at Kohls and that's about it. However, if I am feeling better later, I might try to convince the hubby to go out later. We shall see.

I hope everyone had a wonderful and thankful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...if you wish! =)