With Thanksgiving less than a week away, I have been thinking about all the things I am thankful for this year. Sometimes it is so easy for me to focus on the negatives about this holiday season compared to previous ones but I am determined to look at the positives because oh my goodness, there are so many!
1. Although we aren't traveling home for Thanksgiving, we are having Thanksgiving with some fabolous and wonderful people in our community group. We are so excited to be able to spend the day together and enjoy some yummy food and company. I am truly thankful for the people in our community group. I finally feel like I have some real friends in this area.
2. Of course for my Matt and Mady. They are my world and I am so thankful I get to be their wife and mommy.
3. For our cozy apartment. After everything we have been through with the apartment from hell this year, I am extra thankful for an apartment that is CLEAN and does not smell and is a perfect fit for our family right now.
4. I am thankful for special memories I can create with Mady with I am a stay at home mom right now. Some days it is so beyond frustrating but I would not change it for the world. I am thankful for a husband who does and is doing everything he can to provide for our family even when it is difficult.
5. I am thankful that I have food in my fridge and pantry, clean clothes in our closets and dressers, warm sheets on our beds, and the ability to turn on and pay for the heat when we need it on a cold night. I really have been thinking about this lately. I am truly blessed. We may not have a lot but we have everything we could ever need. The Lord continues to provide for our family.
6. I am thankful for my family and in-laws. I do not know what I do without my momma. She is my best friend (besides Matt) and I don't know if she realizes how much she truly means to me. I hope Mady and I one day share the same bond me and my momma have because it is so special.
7. Most importantly this year I am thankful for the new life growing inside of me. Yes, we are expecting baby A # 2 due July 6, 2013(which is the day after our anniversary.) This puts me at 7 weeks today. I know this baby is going to bring our family so much more love and happiness.