Saturday, July 14, 2012

Time to play

I try to come up with activites to do with Mady throughout the week. Some weeks are good and we have a lot of stuff planned and other weeks we end up watching too much TV/Movies. This week, however, I am proud to say we had a good week.

As I mentioned in a previous post Mady has really been into her babies lately. As I was cleaning her toys out the other day and putting the baby toys away, I realized Mady really didn't have much in the way of toys. I don't go out and buy her toys on a regular basis. Honestly, the last time I bought her toys was probably Christmas. Books, on the other hand, I buy her all the time. I love children's books and I love reading to her.

Anyways....off we went to, where else but Target. I got her a baby stroller, another baby, and play fruit that has a pretend knife and cutting board so you can "cut" the fruit. She was so thrilled and I have seen her play a lot more this past week than in a long time. I was so happy to see that. We played babies, "cut" fruit, and "cooked" with our fruit. The TV was not on near as much as usual.

Giving her babies a bottle
 Another day, we went to the park and played for a while there. It is getting much easier to take her to the park now. She has a little bit more independence and can manage more things. I really enjoy it now actually. Before I would go because it gave us something to do and I know she loved it but now I love it too.

This is typical Mady at the park. So excited!
She probably went down this slide 15 times. She loved it
Then yesterday I decided to try finger painting with her. We headed to Michaels to grab a few supplies and then we were ready. She was unsure at first and of course put it in her mouth then I showed her what to do and she had a blast!

Little unsure

I brought this water out for when we were finished to clean her up but of course she wanted to play it in

Her masterpiece

Dirty girl
It was fun. She had a great time doing something different and fun. I love seeing her trying new things and how excited she gets.

Off to pinterest to find some more ideas...this girl has too much energy for me! =)

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...if you wish! =)