Friday, July 6, 2012

What a day!

Ok I normally don't recap the days events but yesterday...well yesterday needs to be recapped. It was one of those days where you go...really?!

Mady and I left Jersey around 7:30 in the morning to head back to Virginia. Mady decided however, to get up at 5:00 am and between the time she got up and the time we left, she had me in tears from just completely ignoring me when I am telling her no about something or running away from me when I am trying to dress her or get her ready to leave. Awesome. Plus it is always emotional for me to leave Jersey. I love it there and I love my family more than I can tell you.

Anyways, we get in the car and head out. Everything is fine until about an hour and half into our trip. I can tell Mady is pooping. She is really straining and saying "okay okay." Basically I could tell she was not feeling well but I could not pull over at the time because we were on the high way and no where to go so finally I get onto a road that I can easily pull over into a parking lot.

OMG! Poop EVERYWHERE! Like literally. I think I just stared at it for a second. All over her car seat. Her outfit. Her legs and feet. Mind you, I am by myself. So I clean up what I can with the wipes before taking her out of the seat all the while trying to stop her from touching anything. I strip her down and throw everything away. Clean her up as best as I can and put a fresh diaper and outfit on her. I let her sit in the front passenger seat while I attempt to clean up more of the poop on the car seat. Finally I do the best I can and I lay a blanket over the spot that smells and strap her back in. All in all this probably took 10 to 15 minutes.

Back on the road. But I can tell she is super fussy and seems to not be feeling well. So I am attempting to soothe her while also attempting to drive. Not easy. Finally she falls asleep for about a half hour.

Sleeping with attitude. Oh my Madelyn


The rest of the ride was uneventful. Thank the Lord.

So we get home and I unpack, clean the car seat over, do the laundry. All the good stuff. I let Mady play for about an hour then decide to see if she will go down for a nap. Nope. Screams bloody murder.

Great! I know she is going to be so tired and cranky. Yup, I was right.

We watched movies. Ate fruit bars outside. Played. Made dinner. Got a bath. All the good stuff. Finally at around 5:30 she is in completely melt down mode. So what do we do?! Go to Target.

Chillin with a fruit bar

Can't eat a Popsicle without a stick

I get her strapped in and not even 30 second later she is asleep. Of course she is, SHE IS TIRED!

Lights out!

We do the whole walk around Target to pass time, grab a few things and head back home. By this time it is around 6:30. I let her play for a little while and then decide it is bed time. We do the normal bed time routine. Book. Prayers. Kisses. Bed.

Except. Nope, she was not having it. So I let her cry while I took a quick shower because it was 100 degrees at 5:30 when we went to Target and I felt gross. Anyways, I get out of the shower and she is screaming. So I get her and let her come in my room and then we head downstairs to watch a little bit of a movie. So by, 7:30 I say it is time for bed again. I go upstairs and she starts crying so instead I rock her. She finally falls asleep and I lay her down. She POPS up and starts screaming and crying. Only this time I could tell she was even more tired. The crying and screaming was not as loud and there were breaks inbetween. So I let her cry. I felt bad. I was sitting downstairs crying myself because honestly I didn't know what to do for her. If I continued to rock her and her fall asleep, she would wake up every time I would attempt to put her in the crib so I knew that was not going to work. She was going to have to cry.

I felt like today was one of those initiation days of motherhood. Days where you just don't know what else they are going to throw at you and you just have to roll with the punches.

Needless to say, I hope we have a better day today.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Meg that sounds like the day from hell. Pardon my language. It just makes the good days that much sweeter. Youre an amazing mom!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love...if you wish! =)