Monday, September 3, 2012

Let's Catch Up!

Yay! It's September! The beginning of the most wonderful time of year! We have been busy and having lots of fun lately. The house is decorated. The fall candles are bought and burning. And I have been cooking and baking away in the kitchen. I love it all!

We have had a busy and fun past weekend, and sadly I only took 2 pictures! Sad, I know. My momma surprised me and drove down here on Friday afternoon and stayed until this morning! I was so excited when she told me she was on her way down, and don't be surprised if I shed a tear or two. Needless to say, we have had a blast with Nana in town and Mady was beyond excited to see her.

Friday, since she got down here around 3ish, we just headed to the pool for a little while and played with Mady and talked, talked, talked. I love being able to have face to face conversations with my momma. It is something I definitely took for granted all those years she was literally 20 minutes away. It was so nice to just relax and watch Mady enjoy her Nana. She didn't get to bed until almost 9 o'clock! We decided to make a quick trip to Target to get some treats around 8:30 and Mady was just so tired and had a huge meltdown so needless to say we didn't get anything. Poor girl, I pushed it a little too much.

Mady and Nana swimming in the last summer pool days

Saturday morning, Mady was up bright and early so we decided to walk to Dunkin to get some donuts and iced tea/coffee. You have to understand my mom, she is in the process for losing weight and she is doing awesome! She loves to walk, and walk fast. I miscalculated how far the Dunkin was. I kept saying, "it's right around the corner" and it never was. haha. After a half hour, we made it! Except, we had to walk back! Ugh. I was drenched in sweat and so tired by the time we got back. Those kind of walks are normal for my mom...me, not so much. But, I did it.

Matt still had work, so he headed to work and we spent the day going to the pool, and shopping.Yankee Candle was having a great sale so my mom stocked up on votives. Mady, for some reason, was obessed with the candles and cried huge crocodile tears when we had to pay. Once, she got her bag of candles back, she was fine. She came home and played with those candles for the rest of the night. It was too funny. She was having a rough day. Her 2 year old molars are coming in and she did not take a good nap but we managed. Thank goodness for Nana!

Sunday we were able to show mom the church that we love down here. She also got to witness how much Mady loves going to "chirch." Then we headed to Virginia Beach boardwalk area. We have not been there since we moved down here. I stayed in the area about 4 years ago when Matt and I were engaged and he was in "A" school for the Navy. So funny to reminiscence about those times. We ate at a yummy breakfast buffet and Mady chatted with everyone she could. It is crazy how many people come up to me and comment on how beautiful and friendly she is. It always brings a smile to my face.

Mady went down for a 3 hour nap when we got home and Mom and I headed to Target, yet again. I needed stupid stuff like laundry detergent and paper towels. I miss doing these little shopping trips with my mom. We always used to go shopping together when I lived in NJ. So many things I miss but that one is a big one. Mom told Matt and I we had to go on a date while she was here and we did not object. We headed to the mall to return something before dinner and of course it starts down pour raining. So, we just ate at Ruby Tuesday's which was attached to the mall. It was so nice not to rush through dinner and actually LOOK at the menu. And Mady was, of course, thrilled to spend time with her Nana. Both Mady and I adore my mom to pieces.

One Jersey girl teaching another Jersey girl how to pump gas. =)




Sadly, she had to head home today. We all miss her already and wish my dad could have made the trip with her. Back to reality tomorrow. The hubby is starting a new shift, the overnight shift, which will actually work a lot better for us. I am anxious to see how things go and pray that he is able to get enough sleep.


Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...if you wish! =)