Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sick Day for Momma

I thought moms were not allowed to get sick. We have a household to run, dinner to make, laundry to be done, and children to take care of. Unforuntaely colds are unbiased on who they attack! I can't remember the last time I was sick with a cold. No fun.

 Pretty much sums up my day. Oh and add in some cough drops.

I think it is from this weekend. Just the running around, no sleeping, not eating right, and stress. Mady started the cold this past weekend at my parents. She has a cough right now and a runny nose. No more fever, thank Goodness but she passed it along to her momma. 

Usually Wednesday's are very busy for us. Bible study in the morning, chick-fil-a date for lunch, nap, playing, dinner, and community group. I love Wednesday but all of that got put to a halt today. I was not up for much today. 

It was a nice unexpected morning. Mady and I cuddled and played all morning. It felt good to just do whatever. Laying or sitting on the floor with her. Not worrying about the dishwasher that needs to be unloaded to the bathroom that needs to be cleaned. I declared a sick day! I just did the bare minimum to get by.

 Mady loves to "make a train and make a house" It has been so fun to play blocks with her lately. Thanks to my Momma since she was playing blocks with Mady all weekend.

 I walked into her room to find this scene. Love! We spent a lot of the morning reading and stacking our books.

Silly girl

Mady asked to watch Frosty around 10:30 so I put the DVD on and she curled up next to my arm and watched the movie. I love those moments. Next thing I knew the DVD was over and she wasn't moving. She actually fell asleep. Precious. 


The rest of the day was pretty uneventful and I am thankful for that. I made spagetti and meatballs for dinner for Matt and Mady before they headed off to community group without me. It hurts to talk and I think I blow my nose every 2 seconds so it was a no go for me. I am thankful that those two got to spend some one on one time together. It makes my heart happy when I see them walking hand in hand to the car. 

Early to bed tonight. Hoping I wake up and this cold has gone "buh-bye!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...if you wish! =)