Monday, October 1, 2012

Time for a change

It has been a long time coming...this change.

A physical, mental, and emotional change.

It is time to start taking better care of myself. I have allowed myself to go. Eating crap food, not exercising, making excuses (i'm really good at that) and honestly, I am tired of doing all of that. I have no energy, feel horrible about myself, and it is affecting so many aspects of my life.

So, today, on October 1st, I am posting my goals for this month in regard to weight loss and feeling better about myself. Because as much as I want to lose 15-20 lbs, I just really want to feel good about myself and not hide in big and comfy clothes. I want to have confidence in myself.

So here are my October Goals:

1. Limit my soda's to 2 per week. It's true, soda is my weakness but I know I can do this. I love unsweetened iced tea and have been drinking a lot more water.

2. Water, Water, Water. Keep my water bottle filled.

3. No snacking at night. This is so hard for me. Snacking is my downfall. I am good with portion control and such but snacking...b.a.d! It especially gets worse when I am emotional and going through difficult things (hello the past 9 months...hence why I gained 10 lbs!) I cannot let my emotions control me and that aspect of my life. I know it is going to be hard but I know I can do it too.

4. Workout at least 3 times a week. Another difficult one for me. I hate working out. Actually, I despise it! Ugh. This is going to be hard. I need to do a workout DVD while Mady is napping or take her for a walk in the neighborhood behind our apartment. I just have to do it. No whining. No excuses.

5. Eat breakfast everyday. I suck at eating breakfast. I always have. I rarely eat breakfast but I do like certain breakfast foods so I need to just make it. It is so important and I know it.

6. Journal my eating. I am not counting calories yet but just measuring and journaling what I am eating. I get frustrated with counting the calories especially if I cannot find the calories for something or have to break it down to every ingredient and I usually give up. I am sure though the desire will come for this but right now I am just making sure I write down what I am eating. 

I had Matt take a picture tonight of me in my sports bra. Not a pretty sight. At.all.

But...

I know I can do it. I have people supporting me and encouraging me through this.

I hope to add and adapt these goals each month as I, hopefully, make progress!

Time for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...if you wish! =)