Monday, June 18, 2012

Surprise!

Matt and I decided to head to Jersey this weekend. One...to surprise my dad for Father's Day. Success! Two...Matt had some stuff he had to do on Monday. Win-Win situation!

Since we knew we were heading to Jersey on Sunday. We celebrated Matt a little early on Saturday. We attempted to go to lunch at one of his favorite Mexican restaurants around here but they didn't open until 12! Matt has to leave for work around then so it didn't work out. =(

Mady and I got him a picture frame with one of my favorite pictures of the two of them and an I-tunes gift card.

He is a wonderful daddy to Madelyn. I am so lucky that she has such a positive and encouraging  father in her life. He deserves so much more than we could give him! 

The picture frame we got him and flowers that he got me "just because"

Back to our weekend in Jersey...We got there around 1pm on Sunday afternoon. I had called my mom when they were getting out of church to say we were about an hour away. She totally played it off on the phone, asked how church was for us, what our plans were for the day...all while I am laughing.

Anyways, we get there and totally surprised him. A few tears were shed. If someone else cries...I usually cry too. =)

We stayed with Matt's mom just because it was easier and she had more room. Plus, it was fun to spend more time than we usually do with her. AND...she has a cat. O.M.G. Mady is obsessed with the "kittttyyyy." She would follow it everywhere it went. She asked if it would like a "nack or juce" (snack/juice). I lost it when she asked the cat that. There were tears coming down my face because I was laughing so hard.

Mady talking to the Kitty

Telling daddy to "try" (meaning she wants him to pet the cat)
She even attempted to pick the cat up. Poor cat. She was so good to Mady.

After lunch, we went back to my parents house and celebrated Father's Day for my dad and Matt. Here are some pictures of the night.

First thing Mady does is go for the Tupperware cabinet.

Nana and the Mady

Hubby and Wifey

The Pop Pop and The Mady

Catching bubbles

Bubbles

Daddy with his favorite little girl

Watching TV with Uncle "T"
It was a super fun night and Mady went to bed way late. But in typical Mady fashion, she was up at 5:15! Trish (Matt's Mom) gets up early too so she came and got her for us and we got to sleep in!!!! We slept until 6:45...how sad...that's sleeping in. We were SO excited! Thank you Mom Mom!

We spent the day (Monday) searching for the kitty again, shopping with Nana, eating yummy food, looking for bunnies, and playing in the dirt and rocks.

Enjoying the chilly morning with mom mom

She never looks at the camera. Best I could do

Silly girl

Picking up sticks

Off to find the bunnies

Found a baby bunny!
 It was again, as always, such a fun weekend.

When do we move back......!?!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...if you wish! =)