Monday, May 14, 2012

Wonderful Weekend Part 2

After our fabulous morning at the zoo, we decided to head back to the apartment so Mady could take a nap and eat some lunch. My brother and Matt are huge fans of Mexican food so they headed out to a restaurant and me and my parents just put on a pizza for us.

Then they headed back to the hotel (our apartment is too small for everyone to stay here hence the hotel) to rest for a little bit and change for the beach. We were all kind of tired from the morning.

I ran out and got some Dunkin Iced Teas for me and my momma and when I got back the goob was awake. BEACH TIME! My parents were here when I got back and we packed up and headed to the beach. Mady was in a super cranky mood and cried the whole way there and for Nana. She finally settled down when we got to the beach.

Finally we found a parking spot and headed down. It was around 4:15 so it was not too hot and just such a beautiful day. Mady was obsessed with the water and dumping the water from bucket to bucket.

I actually got to the lay on the blanket and do NOTHING! Just lay there for about a half hour. Bliss. I even got some color. For those of you who know me in real life, you know this is not an easy task!

Cranky girl

Pop Pop was always right behind

Headed to the water

Their favorite place
We stayed for about an hour then got going. We had a yummy meatloaf, mashed potatoes and veggies for dinner. It was so nice to be able to eat a meal as a big family like we always used to do when we lived in NJ. Mady got her bath and wanted Nana to read her her bedtime stories.

Quick story: The other night I was carrying Mady up to bed and she said her first sentence! She said "Nana eed" (Nana read). She wanted Nana to read to her. I was almost in tears. We both love my mom and her Nana so much. So Nana finally got a chance to read to her.

Love.Love.Love
Mady went down a little after 7 and we put my dad on "goob duty" since my mom and I were heading out to do some shopping and the boys were going to see the Avengers. Of course he didn't mind at all because he is the best.

My mom and I went to a little mall near by. There is a Kohls attached to the mall so we did some shopping there. My mom bought Mady way too many clothes and me a new tablecloth. She spoiled us. I don't know if you can tell but I adore my mom! Then we headed to a country store that was in the mall and mom got a really cute sign. It was such a fun evening of talking and shopping! (The two things we do best!)

This is the monkey my mom got Mady because it looked like George. Mady loved it!

After we got home my mom and dad headed back to the hotel and Uncle T stayed with us for the night.

Honestly, it was one of the best days I have had since moving down here. It refreshed my heart so much.

Sunday was Mother's Day! I was so thankful that I was able to spend it with my momma. I made a yummy breakfast in the morning for everyone and then we exchanged gifts. Of course, Mady had to help Nana with her gifts.

Mady "helping"
Mady got Nana a "Nana's Rule's Sign" and I got my mom jewelry and a cute orange wallet/clutch.

For mother's day, my mom got me a box full of cupcake/baking goodies including an apron because well..I am a mess in the kitchen!

From the hubby and goobie I got some candles and a cupcake holder! Plus the hubby let me go get a pedicure after everyone left. So blessed.

After we cleaned up from breakfast and Matt and I got ready to went to the downtown area in Virgina Beach. It was a nice morning but I didn't realize that none of the stores open until 12 or 1 on Sunday. Boo that. So we headed to the Barnes and Noble to look around.

Mady checking out the books.
Mady and I hung out in the kids section while everyone looked. Of course I bought her a few books!

We were all getting pretty hungry but we didn't want to wait forever at a restaurant so we headed to panera. Yummy! There was really no line and not crowded at all. It was a yummy lunch and a fun time.


Mady had to bring "Gerge" along
Mady had to sit next to her Nana.
After lunch Mady needed a nap and my parents decided it was time to get going. They said bye to Mady and of course I cried. You can just tell she loves being around them and visa versa. I knew she was going to ask for them when she woke up and of course she did. She cried for Nana. It made me sad but so happy to know that she loves her so much.

The rest of the afternoon was very low key and relaxing. I went and got a pedicure and we had an easy dinner that hubby made!

This is the best picture I could get with the stinker!
attempt # 2

It was such a wonderful past few days. I didn't want them to end. It did however confirm that we will be looking into moving back to NJ within the next year. We miss all of our family so much and we want Mady to grow up near her grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins (eventually). It means so much to us.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had such a nice weekend!! I am so glad. Your last paragraph especially made me happy!!! - Calley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were able to spend time with the family Meg! I hope you are able to move back to NJ...but know God has a plan for you guys. Just rejoice in all the many blessings and continue to thank Him. I miss you lots and thanks for sharing all these awesome blog messages! Love you much! ~ Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great weekend with your family! Thanks for sharing parts of your life! Will have to see u sometime soon. Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me cry! Nana eed is the sweetest thing in the whole wide world!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love...if you wish! =)