Monday, April 16, 2012

Simply a bin full of water!

I have been meaning to write a post about this lovely bin full of water activity for a few weeks now and I just never got the chance to do it....so without further ado!

Since, as many of you know, we are trying to be wise about our money, I have been attempting to be creative with activities for the goob. I think I found a winner!!

A few weeks ago, it was beautiful here, hot and sunny. Mady was down for her normal nap so I decided to empty a bin, that was full of Easter decorations (its ok, Mady and I went to target to replace the bin...any reason to go to target is a good one for me!) and fill it with water. I got the beach toys out of the back of my car and ta da! Easy, cheap fun!

I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking. She had a blast and of course had a melt down when it was time to come in! (Sorry Mady the skies were turning a shade of black that makes this momma nervous!!)

Not sure at first.

=)

Mixing, Mixing, Mixing

She kept attempting to put the water from her bin into her bucket. Not much made it in

She kept dancing in the water she spilled on the ground

This is the only way I got her to calm down from the fact that she had to come inside.
Mady loved it! She could have played forever out there but a thunderstorm was coming so we had to head inside much to the dismay of Madelyn. The only way I got her to calm down was a Hershey kiss and a bucket full of water.

Now I am going to enjoy some time with my buddies because it is hubby's only day off this week!

Happy Monday! =)

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh.. what a fun idea! Mady looks like she had a great time! It rained here so we splashed in puddles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it ain't always a good life, but it's always a goob life

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love...if you wish! =)