Monday, April 30, 2012

Ramblings

There is a lot on my mind this morning so I don't even know if this is going to be a coherent post. It might just be a jumble of things I am thinking about. Who knows.

Usually I don't post on Mondays because Matt is off and I want to spend as much time as a family as we possibly can. But he is golfing today with a couple of his friends (one of his birthday presents!). I miss him but it is such a much deserved break for him. He is such an amazing husband and father and he doesn't get to do much for himself. I am so glad that the has a chance to just relax and do something he loves!

Insecurity sucks. I have been dealing with it a lot lately. I think it has to do with being in a new environment and having no family or friends here. It is like I have to start all over again and it is daunting. I want to make friends but I want to make the right kind of friends. I want Christian Mom friends who will encourage me and who will like me for me. I try too hard sometimes and I just want to relax and be myself. (I'm really not that bad! haha). I have met some great ladies through our small group and I am hoping some friendships will be made. The Lord has it all planned out. I just need to continue to trust HIM. He knows what is best for me.

I just feel like I have been disappointed lately in the friends departments. I don't want to get my hopes up and have them shot down again. It hurts. It sucks.

I feel like a middle schooler writing about friends. I was talking to Matt last night about it and he made the point that "everyone needs friends, someone to talk to, to relate to other than your husband or wife." Very true. Even at 25, you need a friend. 

I know they will come along.

In other news, I am starting to wean Mady off her nights nights. I don't care if she has her blankie but she associates her blanket and paci together. If she has one, she needs to have the other. So no more during the day, they start in the crib for nap and bed times. Pray for me! =) 

She has done pretty well today. She hasn't asked for it once so that's a good thing. The hard part will be when we are in the car. I usually will let her have them so she is quiet since our DVD player in the car broke. Oh well, there are a bunch of toys and books in there for her to play with. (and as I am typing this...she asks for her night nights...oh boy!)

I need to stick to my guns on this one. I give it too easily to her. I need to stop. She will survive. I will survive.

Totally random post but it is what is on my mind right now.

Laundry needs to be done and I need to spend some time with my Mady girl, just playing and reading books.

Happy Monday!!




1 comment:

  1. Aww.. I hope you make some good friends! I think your pretty awesome :)

    And good luck with Mady! Its sooo tough :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love...if you wish! =)