Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Contentment

When I started this blog my intention was to be honest and write about whatever was on my heart as well as to write about the goob! So here I am being brutally honest about how I am feeling. Contentment is something that I am working on right now, and have been ever since we moved to Virginia. It is not easy. There are some days where I just want to pick every thing up and move back to Jersey. Let me back up and explain why I say that.

I lived in New Jersey all my life. My family is my everything. I have always always been all about family. My mom is my best friend. I am so much like my dad it is crazy and I have two brothers who I love. I am super close to my younger brother, Kevin, however, I call him Tevin and therefore Mady calls him Uncle "T". SO, when Matt went for an interview for a job in Virginia, I honestly didn't think much about it. I mean c'mom, everyone we love and everything we love is in New Jersey. Well about a week later he got the job offer in an e-mail. He immediately said he was going to say Yes and then if something didn't work out he could always back out. The tears started as soon as I read the e-mail. I could not imagine myself 5 hours away from my family who I just spent the last year pretty much living with. How could I take Mady away from her Nana and Pop Pop, Uncle T and Uncle E. However, my plans are certainly not God's plans. We found an townhouse in 2 days and moved everything 2 weeks later. Talk about fast!

Since everything was happening so fast, I didn't have time to process everything that was going on. I was in full on moving mode with a 14 month old...fun! We got down here, settled, and the sadness and discontentment started rearing its ugly head. I was discontent with being away from my family, financial situations, and being a full time stay a home mom. However, the Lord is showing both Matt and I to be content in our situations. To trust him with our WHOLE heart. That is not easy! My mom is constantly telling me to look for "God spots" throughout the day. She means just look for how God is taking care of you, and providing for you even in the smallest of ways, and it is so true. He does and He is!

I am still dealing with the contentment issue but I know the Lord is trying to teach me something through all of this. I am so thankful that I have such a supportive husband and family who deals with my crazy emotions and listens to me talk a mile a minute. PLUS, I got this in the mail from my mom today!

A goodie box for Mady and I! She knows how to make me smile! Thank you Mom!

And of course I will show you a picture of the people who mean everything to me! My wonderful, crazy family! Unfortunately it is from last Christmas! (We didn't get a family picture this Christmas!)
My Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...if you wish! =)