Thursday, March 8, 2012

Matt's Intro

This is the story of life as I once knew it and life as it is today.  Life as I once knew it consisted of sports, a girlfriend, youth group student ministry, and McDonald's.  Life now consists of police work, notes on the fridge, deployments and carseats.  This story is comprised of sad goodbyes, sweet homecomings, long journeys, and unforgettable moments...and I wouldn't trade this life for anything else.

My wife and I decided to start this blog (more her idea than mine), so we'll both be posting here, and hopefully get to share insight and experience with readers.  We plan on talking about the everyday experiences we encounter, as we both have significantly different perspectives.  I'm 24, from South Jersey, and now live in Virginia Beach.  As a Navy Reservist, I've already been to 3 different countries in 4 years, and now have a job as a Federal Police Officer in Virginia.  Family is everything to me, and I have the woman of my dreams by my side.  A year and a half ago, Meg and I were blessed with the "goob," a beautiful little girl with red hair and plenty of spunk.  Since then, life's been very interesting...

We moved to Virginia after I was mobilized for 8 months to the Middle East.  I got the above job, so we picked up and moved 4 and a half hours away from the closest family members we had and started over.  Life isn't easy, but every day we are reminded of how God has blessed us.  This is our life, from both perspectives, and it's now, as you'll find out, the "goob" life.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...if you wish! =)